Thursday, March 26, 2015

Starting Fresh (Again)

Well, this is the second time that I've completely wiped this blog and started anew.  For some crazy reason, the voices in my head are telling me to document my experience lest we, as a species, actually get our shit together in the future so that I can remember how we got there....if we ever do.

I'm almost 45.  I've lived in Arlington, Texas most of my life.  I'm a business intelligence analyst/developer working in higher education...in English, that means I talk to big databases and program stuff to extract stuff from said databases to give to my higher-ups so that they can make decisions....or something like that.  I'm also a musician. I have been playing an instrument of some sorts since I was 12.  My primary instrument is keyboards but I also dabble/dribble in guitar and bass.

So rather than give you my life's story bit by bit, I'll use this blog as a sort of online diary to document my journey from this point forward on this rock we call Earth.  For a brief catch-up of sorts, I'm current watching the entire Dark Shadows TV show on DVD (loving it), studying complex chord structures on both the guitar and keyboards to stretch myself a bit (basically studying Steely Dan), and listening to soft-rock/pop-rock/jazz-rock from the late 70's and early 80's (Steely Dan, The Doobie Brothers, etc.).  I also play video games but that's sort of in a dry spell right now.  More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment